Monday, January 9, 2012

Our Week in Big Bear

The week before Christmas we got to spend a week with some of my In-laws in Big Bear. It was right after all that snow they got, so it was perfect for the kids to go sledding and boarding.

Jackson got to snowboard for the first time, which Dan and I have been really nervous excited to do. He did awesome! His very first try he went down the hill all by himself!!! It was terrifying for me. I kept telling him wait for me and Daddy and he kept saying I can do this! I can do this! I was like no! While Dan and I were putting our bindings on he got up and went down like a champ! He didn't know how to stop and he was going so fast, but he made it all the way down to the bottom where he eat it, and busted his lip. It didn't even phase him. He got right back up and started again. Dan and I got to go down with him a couple of times and then his 4 hour class started. They pretty much worked on getting them to fall right and how to stop. It was freezing and icy and by the end of the day Jackson was exhausted.

The place where we stayed was perfect. Right out side the back door was a huge hill for sledding and the adults kids took full advantage of it. 





It was my Mom's birthday on the 21st of Dec so she came up and spent the day with us. The kids had a blast sledding with her. She is a big kid herself. Happy Birthday Mom!




While we were up there we decorated ginger bread houses. Boys vs. Girls. Of course the girls one!




Thank you Mike and Andrea! We all had a blast especially the kids! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment