Tuesday, September 4, 2012

First Day of Kindergarten!!


Happy first day of Kindergarten Jackson!! 





Today was a day we have been anticipating all summer long. Our sweet Jackson started kindergarten!! We tried our best to make this a really special day for him, because we knew he was having a some pre-kindergarten jitter bugs. He let us know he was a little scared, but was gonna be a brave boy for us. 

Today was a day that Dan and I had been getting a little emotional over as well, I was gonna miss him dearly. Dan just feels like his little boy is growing up way to fast. All is true! He is growing to fast and I know I am going to miss him dearly! 

The morning started a little rough for us. I woke up super early only to find that both kids thought it was also a good idea to wake up super early.  Jack burned himself on my curling iron, which in his 5 years of life has NEVER done. He woke up with a stuffy/runny nose and not feeling 100% and Elle just cranky and upset that she wasn't starting kindergarten. 

Once we got to his school he was a tad nervous and apprehensive. He wanted to make sure I was gonna be right by his classroom door to pick him up and that I wasn't going to drive to far away.

They started their morning and we got to stay for a bit and watch...The it was time to say our goodbyes and I just broke out in the ugly cry. I'm gonna blame it on the pregnancy hormones but I had to kiss and hug him super quick and bolt out of the class.

I cried all the way home. I so badly wanted to know how his day was going, I so badly wanted to go have a peek/spy on him during his recess. Dan said it would be kinda creepy for the teacher so I didn't but had friends that where at the school take a peek in on him and let me know how he was doing. 

When I went to go pick him up he was excited to see me, and though he didn't feel really well he said he had a great day. 
 
We are excited to see him start his schooling adventure and to see him blossom and learn so many new things. 

We are so proud of you Jackson!!! 






 Jack looking at the picture Dan put in his lunch pale.
Getting ready for Mrs. Armstong to start class. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment